The primary role of the Nurse is to preserve and promote the health of clients of the community served by CCHC. Using the skills and knowledge of the nursing practice and following the standards and guidelines of the profession, the Nurse provides care to individuals, families and groups within CCHC and in the community. Nursing care is provided within the context of a multi-disciplinary primary care team and recognizes that the social determinants of health affect health throughout life.
- Bachelor level education in Nursing or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Possession of, or eligibility for, registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Eligible for membership with the Registered Nurses’ Association of Ontario.
- Minimum of 5 years nursing experience.
- Skills and experience working with a diverse population.
- Ability to work independently and within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Knowledge of health promotion principles.
- Strong skills in mental health nursing.
- Strong clinical assessment skills.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Advocacy skills.
- Proficient with Windows-based computer systems, in particular email and MS Word.
- Availability to work occasional evenings to 8 p.m.
- English, written and spoken
- Ability to communicate in French and other languages an asset
What is a job inventory?
The team at the Centretown Community Health Centre needs competent and caring individuals who are committed to delivering a high standard of service to the community.
To offer diversified services and maintain quality levels, we are accepting applications for positions in areas where a high demand for qualified individuals exists on an ongoing basis.
People selected for employment through this process will be hired for full-time temporary terms, part-time temporary terms or on a casual basis.
Permanent positions available to external applicants are advertised on our website.
What happens to my application?
- You will receive an electronic acknowledgement once your application has been received.
- You will be contacted by Human Resources only if you are selected for an interview
- Application forms for job inventories are maintained in the inventory for six months from the date of receipt.
How to apply
Submit your application below. Be sure to include:
A letter of interest telling us how you meet the requirements of this role (up to 2 word processed pages in English)
A copy of your resumé
The Centretown Community Health Centre invites you to apply for this career using the form below:
Required Fields show an asterisk (*)