The Nurse Practitioner, RN (EC) provides primary health care services in the areas of health promotion, prevention, treatment of disease and injury, rehabilitation and support. All services are provided in accordance with the College of Nurses of Ontario’s Standards of Practice for Registered Nurses in the Extended Class. The Nurse Practitioner, RN (EC) works both independently and in collaboration with other members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Bachelor degree in Nursing.
- Registration in the Extended Class with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Eligible for membership in the Registered Nurses’ Association of Ontario.
- Two years experience as a Nurse Practitioner, RN (EC) preferably in a primary care setting.
- Skills and experience working with a diverse population.
- Ability to work independently and in a multi-disciplinary team setting.
- Expertise in dealing with mental health issues.
- Strong clinical assessment skills.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Proficient with Windows-based computer systems, in particular email and MS Word.
- Available to work occasionally until 8:00 p.m.
- English, written and spoken
- French, spoken
What is a job inventory?
The team at the Centretown Community Health Centre needs competent and caring individuals who are committed to delivering a high standard of service to the community.
To offer diversified services and maintain quality levels, we are accepting applications for positions in areas where a high demand for qualified individuals exists on an ongoing basis.
People selected for employment through this process will be hired for full-time temporary terms, part-time temporary terms or on a casual basis.
Permanent positions available to external applicants are advertised on our website.
What happens to my application?
- You will receive an electronic acknowledgement once your application has been received.
- You will be contacted by Human Resources only if you are selected for an interview
- Application forms for job inventories are maintained in the inventory for six months from the date of receipt.
How to apply
Submit your letter of interest along with your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note the following:
- The subject line of your email should read “Nurse Practitioner Position”
- The file name for your resume should read:“ (last name)_(first name)_ Resume
- The file name for your cover letter (up to 2 Word processes pages) should read: “ (last name)_(first name)_ Cover Letter
CCHC is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. Do not hesitate to contact us if you require alternative arrangements to submit your application.
Candidates with a disability requiring accommodations during the interview process should advise Human Resources so arrangements can be made.