Status: Permanent Position – 5 days/week (1.0FTE)
Pay Scale: $82,608 to $99,527 annually
Pension and Benefits: Excellent benefits package including Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
Start Date: ASAP
We are looking for a dynamic leader with a community based, health equity lens to work together with the Director, Primary Care at our vibrant community health centre in downtown Ottawa. Our clinic serves clients in our local community, with particular attention to groups who experience inequities such as the isolated senior population, the LGBTQ+ community, Indigenous Peoples, racialized communities, francophones, those affected by mental illness and addictions, people who are homeless, individuals and families on low income, and newcomers to Canada.
A knowledgeable and experienced manager with strong interpersonal skills, the Clinical Manager will promote a cohesive, effective interdisciplinary Primary Care team, and will support our staff to grow, develop and innovate. The incumbent is responsible for supervising clinic staff, which includes nurses, outreach (nurse and community health worker) and support staff. This leader will help us continue to redesign our services to meet our client and community needs with a focus on:
- Managing the day-to day operations of the clinic
- Primary Care Program Development and Management
- Infection Prevention & Control and Occupational Health & Safety
- Team leadership and development
- Community and Partner relations
Here’s what we are looking for in our ideal candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing (B.Sc.N) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Registered with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Minimum of five years management experience including clinical management experience in a community based setting.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation, policies and guidelines that govern primary care practice.
- Demonstrated understanding of clinical professional values, ethics and standards of practice
- Strong knowledge of primary health care and understanding of the Community Health Centre model of health and well-being.
- Knowledge of concepts of health promotion, harm reduction and chronic disease prevention and management.
- Knowledge related to quality improvement, program development and evaluation strategies.
- Ability to model client centred care and with a health equity lens.
- Respects and value for the diversity of communities and individuals.
- Demonstrated understanding of the impact of the social determinants of health on people’s health and well-being.
- Demonstrated strong organizational, planning and time management abilities.
- Excellent and demonstrated management and supervisory skills – motivating, coaching. mentoring, leading and integrating diverse teams
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively within a diverse interdisciplinary team
- Ability to work independently and be self-directed; exercises initiative and sound judgement
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment and meet conflicting demands –including providing support and direction to staff
- Ability to be an effective change agent.
- Effective critical thinking, problem-solving, decision-making, leadership, organizational, conflict resolution and change management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Proficiency with Microsoft office suite and experience with electronic health records applications.
- Availability to work occasional evenings and weekends
- Experience working in a family practice, community or primary health care setting
- Master’s degree in a relevant field
- English, written and spoken
- French, spoken
How to “express an interest” for this opportunity:
Submit your letter of interest along with your resume on or before February 28, 2021 by 11:59pm to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note the following:
- The subject line of your email should read “ Bilingual – Clinical Manager (PC)”
- The file name for your resume should read:“ (last name)_(first name)_ Resume
- The file name for your cover letter should read: “ (last name)_(first name)_Cover Letter
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only applicants invited to an interview will be contacted.
Candidates requiring accommodation during the application and/or the interview process should contact us at email@example.com so arrangements can be made. CCHC is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce and as such we encourage applications from individuals who reflect the broad diversity of communities we work with.