Status: Casual position
Pay Scale: $20.99 /hour to $25.29 /hour
Pension and Benefits: Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP) /including some benefits
Start Date: As soon as possible
The Medical Receptionist is responsible for ensuring the smooth and efficient flow of clients in Primary Care. The basic functions of the position are phone and client reception, client intake, booking of appointments, chart preparation and maintenance, and rostering of clients.
- Secondary School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum two (2) years experience as a medical receptionist.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and use discretion.
- Proficient with Windows-based computer systems, in particular email and MS Word and databases.
- Typing 40 wpm.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Skills and experience working with a diverse population.
- Ability to work independently and within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends.
- Experience with a medical scheduling system.
- Experience working in a community-based health or social service agency.
- English, written and spoken
- French, spoken
How to “express an interest” for this opportunity:
Submit your letter of interest along with your resume on or before January 30, 2022 by 11:59pm to email@example.com.
Please note the following:
- The subject line of your email should read “ Bilingual Medical Receptionist – Casual position ”
- The file name for your resume should read:“ (last name)_(first name)_ Resume
- The file name for your cover letter should read: “ (last name)_(first name)_ Cover Letter
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only applicants invited to an interview will be contacted.
Candidates requiring accommodation during the application and/or the interview process should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so arrangements can be made. CCHC is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce and as such we encourage applications from individuals who reflect the broad diversity of communities we work with.
Centretown CHC has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy, as such applicants must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 and provide proof of vaccinations to be considered for employment. Reasonable accommodation will be considered for persons with medical exemption or other exemptions under the Ontario Human Rights Code.