The Medical Receptionist is responsible for ensuring the smooth and efficient flow of clients in Primary Care. The basic functions of the position are phone and client reception, client intake, booking of appointments, chart preparation and maintenance, and rostering of clients.
- Secondary School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum two (2) years experience as a medical receptionist.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and use discretion.
- Proficient with Windows-based computer systems, in particular email and MS Word and databases.
- Typing 40 wpm
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends.
- Experience with a medical scheduling system.
- Experience working in a community-based health or social service agency.
English, written and spoken
What is a job inventory?
The team at the Centretown Community Health Centre needs competent and caring individuals who are committed to delivering a high standard of service to the community.
To offer diversified services and maintain quality levels, we are accepting applications for positions in areas where a high demand for qualified individuals exists on an ongoing basis.
People selected for employment through this process will be hired for full-time temporary terms, part-time temporary terms or on a casual basis.
Permanent positions available to external applicants are advertised on our website.
What happens to my application?
- You will receive an electronic acknowledgement once your application has been received.
- You will be contacted by Human Resources only if you are selected for an interview
- Application forms for job inventories are maintained in the inventory for six months from the date of receipt.
How to apply
Submit your letter of interest along with your résumé to email@example.com.
Please note the following:
- The subject line of your email should read “Bilingual Medical Receptionist Position”
- The file name for your resume should read:“ (last name)_(first name)_ Resume
- The file name for your cover letter (up to 2 Word processes pages) should read: “ (last name)_(first name)_ Cover Letter
CCHC is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. Do not hesitate to contact us if you require alternative arrangements to submit your application.
Candidates with a disability requiring accommodations during the interview process should advise Human Resources so arrangements can be made.