Job Title: Bilingual Outreach/Case Manager – LESA Program – Mental Health and Addictions
Status: Contract Position of 12 Months – 5 days/week (1.0FTE)
Pay Scale : $49,477 to $59,610 annually
Pension and Benefits: Excellent benefits package including Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
Start Date: ASAP
The LESA Community Based Addictions Treatment program for Older Adults is seeking an experienced case manager/outreach worker to join our team. The Outreach Worker/Case Manager is the first point of contact for older adults seeking support to address concerns around substance use and problem gambling. The primary responsibilities of this position is to screen and intake clients into the program as well as provide supports (health navigation/practical supports) to clients while they are waiting to be linked to a counsellor. Outreach to community partners in the form of presentations and education on the impact of substance use and problem gambling on older adults is also a key part of the position as is the facilitation of psychoeducation groups related to mental health and addictions.
- Bachelor level degree in Social Work, Health Sciences, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three years of case management / care coordination in the addictions and social services sector
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with addictions screening tools
- Strong understanding of concurrent disorders
- Strong advocacy skills
- Skilled in the use of motivational interviewing
- Excellent ability to engage and support clients into service
- Experience facilitating psychoeducation groups
- Strong understanding of and ability to work within a harm reduction model
- Excellent knowledge of the addictions and social services sector and resources
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Proven ability to network and build professional relationships
- Proficient with Windows based computer systems, MS Word, e-mail and databases.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in the delivery of virtual care/virtual groups
- GainQ3 certification
- SMART Recovery certification
- Experience working with older adults / strong understanding of geriatric services
- English, written and spoken
- French, spoken
How to “express an interest” for this opportunity:
Submit your letter of interest along with your résumé on or before November 20, 2020 by 11:59pm to email@example.com.
Please note the following:
- The subject line of your email should read “Outreach/Case Manager – Term Full-time”
- The file name for your resume should read:“ (last name)_(first name)_ Resume
- The file name for your cover letter should read: “ (last name)_(first name)_ Cover Letter
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only applicants invited to an interview will be contacted.
Candidates requiring accommodation during the application and/or the interview process should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so arrangements can be made. CCHC is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce and as such we encourage applications from individuals who reflect the broad diversity of communities we work with.