Community Health and Wellbeing Week (CHWW) is an annual communications campaign coordinated by the Alliance for Healthier Communities. Every year during CHWW, members of the Alliance mount a wide range of communication activities and special events to bring attention to the issues that are important to them. The Week also provides an opportunity to highlight and celebrate the great work that Alliance members do to achieve the best possible health and wellbeing for everyone living in Ontario.
- COVID-19 and members’ response
- COVID-19 recovery and the need for a more equitable, stronger system rooted in people and communities
Goals of CHWW
- Celebrate Alliance members’ leadership and innovation during the COVID-19 response and spotlight the many different ways they’ve stepped up during the pandemic to meet the needs of their clients and communities;
- Bring attention to the disparities that have been amplified during the COVID-19 crisis and the importance of addressing these inequities in future pandemic recovery planning and COVID-19 recovery;
- Amplify the need for a just and healthy recovery that puts people first and leverages the power of community;
- Highlight the important role Alliance members play in building a stronger, more equitable health system.
Meet our Community Connectors
“Community Connectors” are staff, volunteers, community members and others who have worked to connect people to services and supports during COVID-19.
Meet CCHC “Community Connectors” and learn more about they connected the members of our community to the services, resources and support they needed.
Come visit our trans health clinic
Please note that the videos were shot before Covid-19. Since the outbreak of the pandemic, we have adapted our services to social distancing rules.
Read about the difference we make
Connecting Families and Children with Supports during the COVID-19 Pandemic, by Vanessa Graham and Emily Doolan
During COVID-19 many families are living through a time of uncertainty, being overwhelmed, stressed and isolated all while trying to keep their children well and happy. From the start of the pandemic, the Early Years/Early ON team quickly adapted our services to provide virtual, outreach and safe on-site services and support.
Read the article.