Are you a Chiropodist who is interested in discussing the possibility of working full-time or part- term for a fixed term of up to 18 months? Centretown Community Health Centre ((CCHC) has that opportunity for you.
Reporting to the Program Manager, Regional Diabetes Programs, the Chiropodist is a primary health care practitioner responsible for providing foot care services to people living with diabetes. The Chiropodist will provide these services at multiple sites throughout the Champlain region on a rotational basis. The Chiropodist will also assists with community outreach and patient education regarding foot care, in cooperation with local partners.
- Graduation from an accredited school of chiropody
- Current registration with the College of Chiropodists of Ontario
- Experience providing foot care services to people living with diabetes
- Experience providing services at multiple sites
- Experienced with community outreach and patient education activities
- Experience working with a broad range of populations, including: youth, street involved , people with or at risk of psychiatric disability, people with addictions, multi-cultural communities and disenfranchised groups
- Thorough knowledge of and proficiency in the theory behind and practical application of chiropody
- Knowledge of the impact of social/cultural/economic factors on the determinants of health
- Commitment to and knowledge of community-based health care
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to work under stress with multiple demands
- Ability to be flexible, cooperative and work as part of a team
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to deal effectively with hard-to-serve clients
- Ability to handle public speaking engagements related to outreach activities
- Demonstrated flexibility, good judgement, tact, initiative & creativity
- Respects and values the diversity of communities and individuals
- Sensitivity and alertness to signs of a client in crisis
- Pays attention to detail
Two to five years experience, preferably in a community-based setting
- English, written and spoken
- French, written and spoken is a strong asset
- Arabic, Cantonese, Mandarin, Somali, Spanish, Hindi or other languages relevant to the Champlain community, both written and spoken, is an asset
Start Date: ASAP
Hourly Rate: $34.114 to $41.101 hourly
Pension: Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
How to “express an interest” for this opportunity:
Submit your letter of interest along with your résumé to email@example.com.
Please note the following:
- The subject line of your email should read “Chiropodist – Term FT or P/T”
- The file name for your resume should read:“ (last name)_(first name)_ Resume
- The file name for your cover letter should read: “ (last name)_(first name)_ Cover Letter
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only applicants invited to an interview will be contacted.
Candidates with a disability requiring accommodation during the application and/or the interview process should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so arrangements can be made. CCHC is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce and as such all applicants are welcome.