Status: Casual Position
Pay Scale: $34.933/hour to $38.343/hour
Pension and Benefits: Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP) / including some benefits
Start Date: ASAP
The primary role of the nurse is to preserve and promote the health of clients of the community served by CCHC. Using the skills and knowledge of the nursing practice and following the standards and guidelines of the profession, the nurse provides care to individuals, families and groups within CCHC and in the community. Nursing care is provided within the context of an inter-disciplinary primary care team and recognizes that the social determinants of health affect health throughout life
- Bachelor level education in Nursing or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Possession of, or eligibility for, registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Eligible for membership with the Registered Nurses’ Association of Ontario.
- Minimum of 5 years nursing experience.
- Skills and experience working with diverse populations such as newcomers to Canada, LGBTQ+, frail seniors, homeless or with low incomes and affected by mental health issues and or substance use.
- Ability to work independently and within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Knowledge of health promotion principles.
- Strong skills in mental health nursing.
- Strong clinical assessment skills.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Advocacy skills.
- Proficient with Windows-based computer systems, in particular email and MS Word.
- Availability to work occasional evenings to 8 p.m.
- English, written and spoken
- (French and other languages are an asset)
How to “express an interest” for this opportunity:
Submit your letter of interest along with your résumé on or before March 30, 2021 by 11:59PM to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note the following:
- The subject line of your email should read “Clinical Nurse (RN) – Primary Care”
- The file name for your resume should read:“ (last name)_(first name)_ Resume
- The file name for your cover letter should read: “ (last name)_(first name)_ Cover Letter
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only applicants invited to an interview will be contacted.
Candidates requiring accommodation during the application and/or the interview process should contact us at email@example.com so arrangements can be made. CCHC is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce and as such all applicants are welcome.