Volunteers are vital to the success of the Centre. The time, talent and energy you contribute as a volunteer enhances both how and what we do – together, we are wiser, stronger and more dynamic!
We encourage everyone to apply, especially those who reflect the diversity of our community.
We aim to make each volunteer experience a positive one. It’s important that you feel valued and gain or develop existing skills while pursuing your interests.
- Ottawa Good Food Box Site Coordinator
- Community Homework Club Tutor
- Tiny Toes Baby Playgroup
- EarlyOn Playgroups and Toy Lending Library
Once we receive your application:
- We will contact you to arrange an interview. Expect to hear from us within a week from the date you submitted your application.
- The interview is a chance for us to learn more about your interests and for you to learn more about us. If there are current, suitable openings, a general orientation session is scheduled.
- As a new volunteer you will receive appropriate training and will be given the opportunity to give and receive feedback. We ask that volunteers make a commitment of at least 3 months to ensure consistency.
- In the event that there are no current openings, we can keep your application on file. We can also direct you to other volunteer opportunities in your area.
Please note: Prior to starting, you are required to provide two references and complete a free police check.
Should you have any questions about volunteering at CCHC, don’t hesitate to contact our Volunteer Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org!