Volunteers are vital to the success of the Centre. The time, talent and energy you contribute as a volunteer enhances both how and what we do – together, we are wiser, stronger and more dynamic!
We encourage everyone to apply, especially those who reflect the diversity of our community.
We aim to make each volunteer experience a positive one. It’s important that you feel valued and gain or develop existing skills while pursuing your interests.
We are here for you during COVID-19
Volunteer Program: We thank the many community members offering to volunteer and support our shared community. We are coordinating volunteer efforts with our community partners. All Centre volunteer opportunities are on hold until further notice. If you are well and want to help, please contact the Ottawa Food Bank or Ottawa Volunteer and/or reach out to your neighbours, look out for who on your street or in your building might need help with grocery shopping or medication pick up. Follow Ottawa Public Health Guidelines on staying well, limiting the spread of germs and social distancing.
- Ottawa Good Food Box Site Coordinator
- Community Homework Club Tutor
- Tiny Toes Baby Playgroup
- EarlyOn Playgroups and Toy Lending Library
Once we receive your application:
- We will contact you to arrange an interview. Expect to hear from us within a week from the date you submitted your application.
- The interview is a chance for us to learn more about your interests and for you to learn more about us. If there are current, suitable openings, a general orientation session is scheduled.
- As a new volunteer you will receive appropriate training and will be given the opportunity to give and receive feedback. We ask that volunteers make a commitment of at least 3 months to ensure consistency.
- In the event that there are no current openings, we can keep your application on file. We can also direct you to other volunteer opportunities in your area.
Please note: Prior to starting, you are required to provide two references and complete a free police check.
Should you have any questions about volunteering at CCHC, don’t hesitate to contact our Volunteer Program Coordinator at email@example.com!