The day before your appointment:
- Decide how you will take the video appointment: Computer or Phone/Tablet
- Choose a quiet room for your video visit, preferably a place that is quiet, private, and has good lighting.
- Review OTN’s Video Visit Help page to know what to expect on the day of your visit:https://otn.ca/video-visit-help/Content/Home.htm
- Test your camera and internet. You can test your computer or smartphone/tablet by using the link in the eVisit email invitation, if time permits.
- If the video visit is interrupted due to poor connectivity or other issues, we will call you on the phone instead.
- If you expect to take a blood pressure or blood glucose measurement for your appointment, please take this measurement before the video call and report the result to your primary care provider during the call.
If using a Smartphone/Tablet for your eVisit:
Download the ‘Pexip Infinity Connect’ app if using a tablet or smartphone (it’s free and available on most devices).
Sit down for your appointment, if possible. Prop your smartphone/tablet up on a table facing you, in a stable position, and ensure that your primary care provider will be able to clearly see you, as well as any area(s) requiring examination.
OTN eVisit Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ): https://otn.ca/video-visit-help/Content/Home.htm
OTN technical support line: 1-855-654-0888
Note: If you call for support, please use a different phone than the device you use for the video conference app.
Important Disclaimer for Centretown CHC Virtual Visits
Prior to your first video visit (“eVisit”), you will be asked to consent to receiving your care virtually. Please note that once consent is given, it is your right to withdraw or place limitations on this consent at any time.
A virtual care appointment does not replace being seen in person, and there are circumstances (e.g. physical assessment is required) where your care provider may need to see you in person to provide a service.
You are under no obligation to accept a virtual visit if an in-person visit is your preference. *However please note that due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are currently limiting in-person visits until further notice*
Virtual visits are encrypted through the OTN platform to help ensure that your visit is private and confidential. Our providers follow our Centre’s privacy policies and procedures to ensure that your confidentiality is maintained. However, due to risks outside of our control, please note that phone calls and video visits will never be as secure as in-person visits.
You are encouraged to conduct your virtual visit in a private setting. Centretown CHC cannot be held responsible for any breach of confidentiality occurring as a result of your decision to conduct your virtual visit in an unsecured or public environment.