About the Role
Working closely with the Diabetes Nurse Educator, the Dietitian is responsible for the delivery and promotion of the Community Diabetes Education Program of Ottawa, across various locations in the city. Using a self-management approach, the dietitian provides group and individual education to adults with prediabetes or type 2 diabetes, supports starting them on insulin and assists them with titration and supports with overall chronic disease management. The dietitian works collaboratively with community physicians and endocrinologists especially around insulin initiation and medication management. In addition, the dietitian collaborates with other Centretown Community Health Centre (CCHC) teams where appropriate and refers internally and externally as needed.
· Bachelor degree in Nutrition Science or equivalent.
· Completion of recognized Dietetic Internship.
· Possession of, or eligibility for, registration with College of Dietitians of Ontario.
· Minimum two years’ experience in diabetes education and management.
· Experience in group facilitation and knowledge of adult education methods.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
· Proficient with Windows-based computer systems, in particular, basic email and MS Word.
· Ability to work well independently and as part of a multi disciplinary team.
· Experience and sensitivity to the needs of a diverse population.
· Experience working in a community setting including outreach activities.
· Availability to work some evenings and weekends.
· Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
· Valid driver’s licence and access to a vehicle.
· Certification as a Diabetes Educator.
· Experience with insulin initiation and management.
· Membership in Diabetes Educator Section of the Canadian Diabetes Association.
· Ability to communicate in another language (e.g. French, Arabic, Chinese, Italian, Somali, Spanish, etc)
English, written and spoken
French, written and spoken
As Soon As Possible
How to “Express an Interest” for this Opportunity:
Submit your letter of interest along with your résumé to email@example.com.
Please note the following:
- The subject line of your email should read “Diabetes Dietitian Educator”
- The file name for your resume should read: “(last name)_(first name)_ Resume”
- The file name for your cover letter should read: “(last name)_(first name)_ Cover Letter”
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only applicants invited to an interview will be contacted.
Candidates requiring accommodation during the application and/or the interview process should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so arrangements can be made. CCHC is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce and as such we encourage applications from individuals who reflect the broad diversity of communities we work with.
Centretown CHC has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy, as such applicants must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 and provide proof of vaccinations to be considered for employment. Reasonable accommodation will be considered for persons with medical exemption or other exemptions under the Ontario Human Rights Code.