Status: Casual Contract
Pay Scale: $34.933 to $36.598/hour
Pension: Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
Start Date: ASAP
The LGBT2SQ+ Mental Health Counsellors provide single session/brief narrative focused therapy specifically to individuals within the LGBT2SQ+ community as well as the general public. The LGBT2SQ+ Mental Health Counsellors strives help clients develop new knowledge and skills, and find resilience and hope within a by the community for the community framework.
These positions and are part of the Counselling Connect initiative which provides same day/next day access to single session counselling for individuals in Ottawa and the surrounding region.
- Masters of Social Work, or Masters of Education (Counselling) or equivalent degree.
- Registered or eligible for registration with CCAP or OASW/OCSWSSW/ or the College of Psychotherapy.
- Minimum of two (2) years counselling experience.
- Experience in short-term, single session, strength-based, narrative counselling approaches.
- High sensitivity to psychosocial, social, mental health and health needs of LGBT2SQ+ clients.
- Knowledge of mental health issues and system/resources.
- Experience working with diversity within the LGBT2SQ+ populations (i.e. LGBT2SQ+ newcomers/refugees; trans clients)
- Crisis intervention skills.
- Knowledge of anti-oppressive framework
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexible schedule.
- Ability to work well independently.
- Is part of the LGBT2SQ+ community and comfortable in working within a “by the community for the community” framework
English, written and spoken (French and other languages are an asset)
How to “express an interest” for this opportunity:
Submit your letter of interest along with your résumé to email@example.com. Applications will be
reviewed as they come in.
Please note the following:
- The subject line of your email should read “LGBT2SQ+ Mental Health Counsellor – Casual”
- The file name for your resume should read: “(last name)_(first name)_ Resume”
- The file name for your cover letter should read: “(last name)_(first name)_ Cover Letter”
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only applicants invited to an interview will be contacted.
Candidates requiring accommodation during the application and/or the interview process should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so arrangements can be made. CCHC is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce and as such all applicants are welcome.