Status: Permanent Position – 5 days/week (1.0FTE)
Pay Scale: $82,608 to $99,527 annually
Pension and Benefits: Excellent benefits package including Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
Start Date: ASAP
We are looking for a dynamic leader with a community based, health equity lens to work together with the Director, Diabetes Programs at our vibrant community health centre in downtown Ottawa. Our centre serves clients in our local community, with particular attention to groups who experience inequities such as the isolated senior population, the LGBTQ+ community, Indigenous Peoples, racialized communities, francophones, those affected by mental illness and addictions, people who are homeless, individuals and families on low income, and newcomers to Canada.
A knowledgeable and experienced manager with strong interpersonal skills, the CDEPO program Manager will work collaboratively with the Clinical Manager to promote a cohesive, effective team, and will support our staff to grow, develop and innovate. The incumbent is responsible for supervising staff which includes registered nurses, dietitians, social support worker and registered kinesiologist. This leader will help us continue to redesign and deliver our services to meet our client and community needs with a focus on:
- Managing the day-to day operations of the CDEPO Team.
- CDEPO program development and delivery through knowledge of diabetes related issues, policy, process and project management.
- Team leadership and development.
- Community and partner relations through developing strong partnerships with local community organizations and service agencies.
As a member of CCHC’s leadership team, the Manager, CDEPO participates in the Centre-wide directional planning process and facilitates the implementation of decisions and cross-functional projects.
Here’s what we are looking for in our ideal candidate:
- Master’s degree in health, public or business administration, Social Work or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of five years’ management experience, including 3 years managing a multi-disciplinary team in health care or social services.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in partnership development, development and delivery of community-based programs, and addressing issues of marginalized populations on individual, organizational and systemic levels.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in addressing issues of inequity, racism and oppression on an individual, organizational and systemic level.
- Solid knowledge of general management principles, including financial and human resource management.
- Excellent and demonstrated management and supervisory skills – motivating, coaching. mentoring, leading and integrating diverse teams
- Demonstrated ability to model “client centred” service delivery
- Strong critical analysis, problem solving, planning, decision-making, leadership, organizational and change management skills.
- Ability to work independently and be self-directed; exercises initiative and sound judgement
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment and meet conflicting demands –including providing support and direction to staff
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively within a diverse interdisciplinary team
- Knowledge of and ability to work effectively with diverse populations applying a health equity, anti-racism and anti-oppression lens.
- Ability to be an effective change agent.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral, communication skills
- Strong promoter and enhancer of team work.
- Proficient with Microsoft office suite.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects
- Demonstrated strong organizational, planning and time management abilities.
- Availability to work occasional evenings and weekends
- Familiarity with management information systems.
- Knowledge of/experience with chronic disease management, particularly diabetes
- Knowledge of adult education and self-management principles
- English, written and spoken
- French, spoken
How to “express an interest” for this opportunity:
Submit your letter of interest along with your resume on or before February 22, 2021 by 11:59pm to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note the following:
- The subject line of your email should read “ Manager, CDEPO ”
- The file name for your resume should read:“ (last name)_(first name)_ Resume
- The file name for your cover letter should read: “ (last name)_(first name)_ Cover Letter
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only applicants invited to an interview will be contacted.
Candidates requiring accommodation during the application and/or the interview process should contact us at email@example.com so arrangements can be made. CCHC is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce and as such we encourage applications from individuals who reflect the broad diversity of communities we work with.