Status: Permanent Position – 5 days/week (1.0FTE)
Pay Scale: $82,608 to $99,527 annually
Pension and Benefits: Excellent benefits package including Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
Start Date: ASAP
We are looking for a dynamic leader with a community based, health equity lens to work together with the Director, Mental Health, Addictions, Community Health Promotion & Early Years at our vibrant community health centre in downtown Ottawa. Our centre serves clients in our local community, with particular attention to groups who experience inequities such as the isolated senior population, the LGBTQ+ community, Indigenous Peoples, racialized communities, francophones, those affected by mental illness and addictions, people who are homeless, individuals and families on low income, and newcomers to Canada.
A knowledgeable and experienced manager with strong interpersonal skills, the Manager, Mental Health and Addictions will promote a cohesive, effective interdisciplinary Mental Health and Addictions team, and will support our staff to grow, develop and innovate. The incumbent is responsible for supervising professional, supervisory and support staff.
This leader will help us continue to develop our services to meet our client and community needs with a focus on:
- Mental Health and Addictions program development and management
- Community partnership and relations
- Supporting the day to day operations of Mental Health and Addictions
Here is what we are looking for in our ideal candidate:
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Health Administration, and/or related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of five years’ management experience, including 3 years managing a multi-disciplinary team in health care or social services.
- Demonstrated understanding of Mental Health and Addictions services and programs, specifically: counselling services, harm reduction services, and care coordination/case management services.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in partnership development and development and delivery of Mental Health and Addictions programs and services.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in addressing issues of inequity, racism, homophobia/ transphobia and oppression on an individual, organizational and systemic level.
- Solid knowledge of general management principles, including financial and human resource management.
- Excellent and demonstrated management and supervisory skills – motivating, coaching. mentoring, leading and integrating diverse teams.
- Strong critical analysis, problem solving, planning, decision-making, leadership, organizational and change management skills.
- Ability to work independently and be self-directed; exercises initiative and sound judgement
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment and meet conflicting demands –including providing support and direction to staff.
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively within an interdisciplinary team.
- Knowledge of and ability to work effectively with diverse populations applying a health equity, anti-racism and anti-oppression lens.
- Ability to be an effective change agent.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral, communication skills.
- Strong promoter and enhancer of team work.
- Proficient with Microsoft office suite.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects.
- Demonstrated strong organizational, planning and time management abilities.
- Availability to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Familiarity with management information systems.
English, written and spoken
How to “express an interest” for this opportunity:
Submit your letter of interest along with your resume on or before October 16, 2020 by 11:59pm to email@example.com.
Please note the following:
- The subject line of your email should read “ Manager, Mental Health and Addictions”
- The file name for your resume should read:“ (last name)_(first name)_ Resume
- The file name for your cover letter should read: “ (last name)_(first name)_ Cover Letter
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only applicants invited to an interview will be contacted.
Candidates requiring accommodation during the application and/or the interview process should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so arrangements can be made. CCHC is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce and as such we encourage applications from individuals who reflect the broad diversity of communities we work with.