Status: Permanent Part-Time – Working 2.5 days per week (0.5FTE)
Pay Scale: $34.933/hour to $42.088/hour
Pension and Benefits: Excellent benefits package including Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
Start Date: ASAP
The Seniors Outreach Nurse provides outreach services to seniors in their homes. Working within the context of an interdisciplinary team to deliver high quality Primary Health Care services to seniors, the role provides geriatric assessments, direct clinical nursing services, advocacy, monitoring and health education to the seniors population.
- Bachelor level education in Nursing and registered with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Eligible for membership with the Registered Nurses’ Association of Ontario.
- 2-3 years nursing experience in a community-based setting.
- 2-3 years nursing experience working with seniors.
- Aptitude and interest in client education and health promotion with seniors.
- Knowledge of community resources for seniors.
- Ability to work independently in the community.
- Experience working with vulnerable and diverse populations.
- Strong clinical assessment skills.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Valid driver’s license, insurance and access to a vehicle.
- Proficiency in the use of computers and software applications.
- Communication skills in other languages.
- French, spoken
English, written and spoken
How to “express an interest” for this opportunity:
Submit your letter of interest along with your résumé on or before April 14, 2021 by 11:59 pm to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note the following:
- The subject line of your email should read “Nurse – Seniors Outreach”
- The file name for your resume should read:“ (last name)_(first name)_ Resume
- The file name for your cover letter should read: “ (last name)_(first name)_ Cover Letter
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only applicants invited to an interview will be contacted.
Candidates requiring accommodation during the application and/or the interview process should contact us at email@example.com so arrangements can be made. CCHC is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce and as such all applicants are welcome.