Working within a health promotion framework, as part of a multi-disciplinary team, the Physician provides holistic medical care to clients of the Primary Care Services Team. Care may be delivered at the Centre, in the client’s home or elsewhere in the community. The Physician provides clinical consultation to the Nurse Practitioners and Nurses.
- Medical degree and family medicine residency from a recognized university.
- CCFP Certification from the Canadian College of Family Practice.
- License to practice from the Ontario College of Physicians and Surgeons.
- Minimum of two years experience in family practice.
- Knowledge of and commitment to community-based health care.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with Windows-based computer systems, in particular e-mail and MS Word.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to work with diverse populations.
- Skills in working with people with mental health issues.
- Ability to work effectively, independently and in a multi disciplinary team.
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- English, written and spoken
- French, spoken (1 position)
What is a job inventory?
The team at the Centretown Community Health Centre needs competent and caring individuals who are committed to delivering a high standard of service to the community.
To offer diversified services and maintain quality levels, we are accepting applications for positions in areas where a high demand for qualified individuals exists on an ongoing basis.
People selected for employment through this process will be hired for full-time temporary terms, part-time temporary terms or on a casual basis.
Permanent positions available to external applicants are advertised on our website.
What happens to my application?
- You will receive an electronic acknowledgement once your application has been received.
- You will be contacted by Human Resources only if you are selected for an interview
- Application forms for job inventories are maintained in the inventory for six months from the date of receipt.
How to apply
Submit your letter of interest along with your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note the following:
- The subject line of your email should read “Physician Position”
- The file name for your resume should read:“ (last name)_(first name)_ Resume
- The file name for your cover letter (up to 2 Word processes pages) should read: “ (last name)_(first name)_ Cover Letter
CCHC is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. Do not hesitate to contact us if you require alternative arrangements to submit your application.
Candidates with a disability requiring accommodations during the interview process should advise Human Resources so arrangements can be made.