CLIENT RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
CCHC strives to provide an environment where clients can build a therapeutic relationship with their health care providers based on mutual respect. The purpose of this policy is to outline what rights and responsibilities clients have related to the care and services they receive at CCHC.
CLIENTS HAVE THE RIGHT TO:
1. Be treated with dignity and respect;
2. Not be discriminated against on the grounds of ethnicity, language, culture, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, economic status or any other ground listed in the Ontario Human Rights Code;
3. A safe and secure service environment;
4. A smoke-free environment, free from the use of cigarettes, pipes, cigars, and e-cigarettes.
5. Have care or services delivered with clear communication, in the official language of their choice;
6. Receive care or services in a timely manner;
7. Be an active and informed participant in decisions about their personal health care;
8. Decide whether or not to participate in teaching or research programs;
9. Privacy and confidentiality;
10. Refuse or discontinue service or treatment;
11. Access personal health information; and
12. A fair and reasonable complaints process.
CLIENTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
Treating staff and others who use the Centre with respect;
Providing accurate and complete information as required for providing comprehensive care;
Cancelling appointments with at least 24 hours notice;
Arriving on time for appointments;
Having respect for the safety of all staff, clients and visitors of CCHC;
Respecting all property of the Centre;
Refraining from using scented products (e.g., perfumes, aftershave lotions, hair sprays,
skin creams) that can often affect the health of others;
Refraining from using any illicit drugs or alcohol on the premises or visiting the Centre
while incapacitated as a result of misuse of these substances; and
Participating in their own care.